Powerful, Dazzling Tone: Heartbreaking, Honest Lyrics
International Multi-Award Winner
In our increasingly digital world, rife with click bait and manufactured artistry, it has become next to impossible to find music that is truly moving and from the heart. With that in mind, Nikita Afonso has made it her life's work to fill that void, emerging with a singularly captivating voice and songs that strike to the core of the human condition: that of love, loss, joy and pain.
With her new band in tow, Nikita has minimized her country influences prominent on 2016's EP Games for a straight ahead pop and rock sound, despite the many accolades she was bestowed while in the country scene; she has opened for Canadian country star Paul Brandt and has shared a stage with the incomparable Keith Urban. And while many artists would be content to rest on their laurels and ride that wave to country music stardom, Nikita has taken her love of country music and combined it with modern influences and inspirations such as Lennon Stella and Pink to signal her arrival into the mainstream.
Whether it's winning Best New Talent at the International Portuguese Music Awards (2017), MTV Cover of the Month February, The Roxy Launch Project (2017) or being voted Best Musician in the South Okanagan by Okanagan Life Magazine (2015), Nikita continues to drive her career forward, relentlessly, with the release of the highly acclaimed single Holy, My Heart. Available on all major streaming platforms, HMH highlights Nikita’s penchant for crafting songs that are just as catchy and fun as they are poignant and touching.
Look for a full album from Nikita in August 2020.
• Graduate of Contemporary Music and Technology, Selkirk College, Nelson, BC
• Recorded two CDs ‘Sweetest Things’ and self-titled ‘Nikita Afonso’
• Shared the stage with popular country artist Keith Urban
• Sold out concert at Penticton’s 450 seat Cleland Theatre ‘Nikita Afonso and the Offramp Ensemble’
• Opened for Canadian Country act Paul Brandt at the South Okanagan Events Center a 5000 seat arena
• Featured three consecutive years at Penticton’s annual ‘Peachfest’ (2012-2014)
• Best Music Video of the Year at the International Portuguese Music Awards (April 2018)
• Best New Talent at the International Portuguese Music Awards (April 2017)
• MTV’s Cover of the Month winner (February 2017)
• Canada-wide MusiCounts Fred Sherratt Award (2014)
Nikita Afonso Band Is:
Nikita Afonso - Vocals, Guitar Adrian Emond - Electric Guitar, Background Vocals Ian James - Bass, Background Vocals Terence Wendenburg - Drums, Percussion
"Oh, how we've needed Nikita Afonso in 2019! The country-tinged pop singer is back with a vengeance on latest single 'Holy, My Heart', a powerful and heartbreaking pop song. The thing that Nikita creates so perfectly is atmosphere." - Born Music Online
The videos below are from Nikita’s involvement in The Safehouse Project. The Safehouse Project is a YouTube channel that focuses on short films and music videos. Check it out here
Holy, My Heart 2019
Games - Music Video of the Year at 2018 IPMA
Frostbite - Live at The IPMA
Paris - Chainsmokers Cover w/The Safehouse Project
20 Years of Hits - 3,000,000 Views!!
2000's vs 2010 Hits' - 500,000 Views!!
Nikita Afonso’s music is available for licensing for Film, TV, Commercials, etc!
Check out our full Jeff Turner Film roster here